Epson announces its new dedicated video game projector, the EH-TW5200, featuring a new ‘fast mode’ for very low lag time. It also features a high contrast ratio and new MHL connectivity to play content from smartphones or tablets.
Ideal for gamers looking to invest in a large screen to complement their video games console, the EH-TW5200 delivers bright, Full HD 2D and 3D gaming graphics.
By switching to ‘fast mode’, users can fully immerse themselves in fast-paced video games without delay – important for multiplayer tournaments or first person shooters that need split-second reaction times. The high contrast ratio of 15,000:1 means that dark, shadowy cut scenes and in-game graphics are crisp and clear, not washed out. Meanwhile, the equally high White and Colour Light Output of 2,000lm, and Epson’s 3LCD technology, means that users can easily watch their content without having to sit in the dark.
The EH-TW5200 is also one of Epson’s first gaming projectors to allow users to play content directly from their smartphone or tablet thanks to the MHL port – including photos, videos and music.
We’ve developed this projector as the ideal upgrade from traditional flat screen TVs, for bigger, brighter, better gaming. Not only does it offer Full HD 2D and 3D projections and a whole host of other features to heighten gamers’ experiences, the projector is also completely adaptable to a variety of environments. With a screen size that easily ranges between 30 and 300 inches, as well as keystone correction for a straight image – no matter what the projector’s angle – it’s not essential to have large open areas or clear a lot of space to project high definition content. Graeme Davidson, business manager, Epson UK
The EH-TW5200 is compatible with USB-rechargeable, Radio Frequency (RF) active shutter 3D glasses, sold separately at £69.99. With their RF connectivity, these lightweight glasses can be used up to 10 metres from the projector.
- 1080p Full HD big-screen experience
- Enjoy exceptional image quality with Epson’s 3LCD technology
- Equally high White and Colour Light Output of 2,000 lumens
- Large screen size – from 30 up to 300 inches
- Deep blacks – 15,000:1 contrast ratio
- Long lamp life of 4,000 hours
- ‘Fast mode’ ensures next to no picture lag – perfect for gaming
- MHL-HDMI connectivity for smartphone and tablet content
- Lightweight, USB rechargeable active shutter glasses for 3D viewing (not included)
- Easily align the projection image with manual horizontal keystone slider and automatic vertical keystone correction (+/- 30°)
- Four colour modes for 2D images (Living room, Dynamic, Theatre and Game); two colour modes for 3D (3D Dynamic and 3D Theatre)
- 2W embedded speaker
- 3-year, or 2,000-hour, lamp warranty
The EH-TW5200 is available from September, priced from £749.
Source & Credit: Brands2Life